Weekly reflection

Paulina Shea

Weekly reflection

Sunday May 24th 2021

This week was crazy. Not only was I going to be finishing my concentration paper, public demo, and narrative reflection. I also had my last four performances on the Proctor stage. First I cannot help myself but talk about how much appreciation I realized I had for the Proctor theatre department this past week. I mean, I have always loved everyone involved, but sitting backstage during tech rehearsals and the real performances I realized how much I have grown. From the fall 2017 dance show to my senior show of Mamma mia. I have become more confident in letting myself go on stage and just dance my heart out. And although I still get a little nervous, the nerves are not nearly as strong as my freshman year. Infact last night I sat in the yellow staircase backstage with Libby and Karin with tears in my eyes explaining that I remember sitting in that same spot my freshman year crying because of my nerves, and last night I sat there crying because of the bittersweet ending. 

Now for my concentration. I HAVE MY EXIT INTERVIEW TOMORROW THEN I AM DONE. I cannot believe that my paper and podcast two years in the making are about to be done. This project has taught me so much. First of all time management with a big project you really have to chunk it into bits. I also learned a lot about emailing organizations and doing interviews with people I have never met. And reinforced the fact that it's okay to ask for help and use your voice when you need to. My public demonstration on Friday to my mentor Ellies Identity Literature class went really well. I created a slide show that gave a brief explanation of what is going on in Syria and why it matters. Along with an explanation of my project and a preview of my podcast. I hope to continue doing this research and helping to vocalize the importance of looking outside of your bubble and learning from someone else's story. 

This next week I am going to take in the last bits of proctor I have left with my friends and take some time to do more self reflection.





 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly reflection

Day two! it was slow